Bienvenidos al blog Crónicas Aldeanas, creado por Félix Anesio, para la difusión de mi obra literaria y la de todos aquellos que deseen colaborar. Asimismo, servirá para la promoción de otras manifestaciones artísticas y culturales.

Tale of Two Villages, created by Felix Anesio, for the promotion of my literary works, as well as any other participants who wish to collaborate. Also, this blog will promote other artistic and cultural manifestations.

martes, 13 de julio de 2010

Young Writers: "Only Darkness", a poem by Elizabeth Ponce, a 16 years old student and member of "Literary Club" in Miami.

I look towards the sea, and
through the turquoise waves I see
the setting sun lying under its
yellow and pink and purple shroud.

I know that I will be with you soon,
but here I am, remembering
the first and last day without you.

I only remember darkness,
I see darkness, only darkness.
Although all are dressed in white,
I only see blackness.
A single line of cars,
all black, just black,
like my own heart.

Remove it and take it with your flowers
whence you will never return.
I am looking inside of me,
and find only darkness!

I wanted to disappear,
To not see you part when the sky cried.
How could it happen?
I don’t know.
I only know that soon we will be together.
Soon, very soon, as soon as my body
unites to the fierce, wild sea.
Soon, I will see you very soon.
Just now!

2 comentarios:

  1. For us (Felix and Manny) it's a great pleasure to publish this poem by a young writer, just 16, a member of the "Literary Club" in Miami. Her name is Elizabeth Ponce. Enjoy it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It was truly a pleasure translating this poem by a fresh, young writer. Thanks!

    ResponderEliminar